Santa Monica, CA
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced QA Lead to serve as the primary point of contact for all QA matters in our Santa Monica, CA studio. The QA Lead will work closely with the production team and development leads to create test plans, refine testing procedures, improve QA efficiency, and build and manage a growing QA department.
• Oversee internal QA efforts for the development of Star Citizen.
• Work directly with QA staff at all CIG studios to coordinate testing efforts on all modules of the game.
• Ensure that the game meets the highest possible quality standards by putting processes in place to thoroughly test all aspects of the game.
• Highlight issues to Production and Leads, and push back when quality standards are in question.
• Actively work to form plans and tools for finding exploits.
• Work with Leads to ensure that QA provides work-in-progress development testing.
• Work directly with Production, IT and Engineering to improve build delivery times and efficiency.
• Set up and establish processes for automated testing.
• Work with Production to maintain the highest level of Jira cleanliness. Organize frequent regressions to clear out stale issues. Actively cull orphaned components and fields.
• Work with Production and Leads to determine the best ways that QA can support all departments. Determine types of testing coverage, tools that can be implemented, etc., to allow QA to meet the needs of the project.
• Create a streamlined process for allowing developers to make testing requests and a method by which those requests or tickets can be efficiently tracked.
• Provide accurate and timely test plans and manpower estimates to all stakeholders to inform decision making and budgeting.
• Lead by example. Support and mentor other members of the QA team, helping them to learn and grow.
• Proactively identify and solve productivity and QA personnel issues.
• Help develop and evolve new and existing Quality Assurance methodologies.
• Identify and anticipate risks. Present solutions.
• Provide regular reports of key actions and risks at various levels of detail.
• Proven record of shipping AAA games in a high-level QA role.
• Experienced as a QA supervisor or specialist, with the ability to have subordinates reporting to him/her.
• Comprehensive understanding of testing methodologies, test plan organization, and technical requirements.
• Leadership and the ability to teach and impart experience and knowledge to others.
• Track record of comprehensive test plans being successfully executed leading to the timely delivery of quality projects.
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and be flexible to changing requests, delegate responsibilities, and deliver against agreed deadlines.
• Proficiency in MS Office and the use of defect tracking tools, e.g. Hansoft, Jira, DevTrack.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
• Open-minded personality and a team-player.
• Experience working on MMOs and large-scale multiplayer games.
• Familiarity with the CryEngine.
• Experience working with multiple studios in a distributed environment.
• Skilled at working with developers in multiple regions around the world.
• Extensive knowledge and experience using Jira.
• Love of science fiction and space combat simulations.
Please send your resume or CV in PDF or Word format to email@example.com with “QA Lead” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.