»Senior Level Designer
Posted: November 23, 2017
Foundry 42 in Wilmslow, UK is looking for a talented Senior Level Designer to work with the Design Director, Lead Level Designer on crafting unique and fun gameplay and story experiences for Star Citizen.
- Design and develop new levels for Squadron 42 and the FPS module under the direction of the Lead Level Designer and Game Director.
- Designing and creating fun, exciting, sandbox gameplay environments from paper designs/concepts to final quality using given tools of the engine.
- Be a leader within the department for cleanly implementing content with our designer tools and scripting language.
- Working close with the Lead Level Designer, Design Director, and the design team to craft new gameplay experiences for environmental playgrounds and AI encounters.
- Use expert data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
- Working close with Environment Art to ensure a perfect balance between gameplay setup and visual direction.
- Working close with narrative design to ensure the story is carried well throughout the level.
- Contribute to design discussions and help solving complex design challenges within the games’ setting.
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- 4+ years of professional game production experience – in a Level Designer capacity.
- Previous experience creating high quality Levels for AAA games.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1-2+ large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles).
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
- Excellent English communication and written skills.
- Knowledge with CryENGINE, especially the Sandbox toolset.
- FPS Experience.
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes.
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Application: Please click on the link to apply» Apply here