Posted: March 13, 2017
Foundry 42 Ltd is looking for a Network Programmer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen!
Successful applicants will join the team of Network Programmers at our Wilmslow, UK studio. Working in a co-operative, cross-disciplinary team environment you will implement the client/server network functionality of Cloud Imperium’s games. Your work will be varied and you will face many exciting challenges at the cutting-edge of online game development. Duties include; working on our core network library, helping programmers from other teams to network systems and game features, integrating the client and server with our backend services, as well as working with DevOps and QA to diagnose issues affecting our Live servers.
Join us and help make Star Citizen the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever.”
Senior positions available.
- Strong C++ and multi-threaded programming skills
- Experienced in TCP and UDP network programming
- Online game development experience
- Experience profiling and optimizing (network, CPU, memory, IO)
- Development experience in Windows and Linux
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a co-operative team environment
- MMO development experience
- Experience with client/server development including security and network traffic management
- CryEngine development experience
- Space combat sim development experience
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products
Wilmslow, Cheshire – UK
Please click the link below to apply» Apply here