»Live Designer - FPS Specialist
Posted: August 23, 2017
Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented Designer to work on its Live product (Persistent Universe and Arena Commander/Star Marine modules) at its UK studio, Foundry 42 Ltd in Wilmslow.
The position entails work on the ever-expanding Persistent Universe experience and support and updates to existing AC/SM modules.
• The Live team is responsible for all updates to the live product and the content for most demos.
• The work of a Live designer can be extremely varied as the responsibilities span large parts of the game. From inception to implementation of things such as: missions, game modes, game mechanics, user experience, balancing and much more.
• The Live product usually receives new technology at a first implementation stage, therefore we can help guide its development and are expected to work closely with the engineers and system designers to ensure its ease of use.
• A Live designer must be vocal in ensuring the needs of the player are not overlooked and maintain a finger on the pulse of the community.
• Creation of multiplayer missions and expansion as new system and mechanics come online.
• Working closely with the Engineering and System Design to improve AI, gameplay, mechanics, tools, etc.
• Working with Environment Art and Level Design to ensure a perfect balance between gameplay setup and visual direction.
• Working with Narrative to build engaging stories for mission and locations.
• Placement of locations within the solar system and on planets.
• Willingness to follow and learn from the community using resources such as Reddit, Spectrum, and Twitch.
• Maintaining strong relationships with other departments and projecting a professional face of the Live team.
• Capacity to work to frequent deadlines.
• Be the Live department’s go-to person for FPS-oriented locations.
• Creation, maintenance and improvement of multiplayer game modes for the Star Marine module.
• Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting or coding languages.
• Minimum of 4 years of game industry experience.
• Previous experience on a AAA multiplayer game.
• Strong communicator, both oral and written.
• Previous experience of level design on a AAA multiplayer FPS.
• A passion for creating FPS maps.
• Prior experience with the CryEngine.
• A passion for story-telling.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Please use the ‘Apply Here’ link below