»Senior Technical Producer
Posted: May 16, 2018
The Senior Technical Producer will work with our Engine and Tools team to help deliver the requirements for the crowd-funded project “Star Citizen” and the action-packed cinematic story campaign game “Squadron 42”.
- Work with the Engine and Tools team daily to facilitate their needs within the global structure.
- Serve as a driving force for the development team, facilitating communication, organization, and accountability for globally acting cross-functional teams.
- Own and create both the daily and long-term schedules for those teams, and ensure that goals and deadlines are clearly communicated outward.
- Track all tasks and ensure that schedules are maintained and adjusted accordingly. Work with developers to ensure that their tasks are broken down and time estimates are routinely provided.
- Compile and send out regular reports on team progress and accomplishments.
- Identify, communicate and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing any deadlines to production leadership and team leads
- Work with team leads to identify and allocate resources necessary for the successful completion of project goals including hiring recommendations.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership and internal support staff.
- Communicate with all members of production, providing visibility on project status, risks and opportunities.
- Schedule and attend meetings; set agendas; take concise and comprehensive notes / action items and distribute them to appropriate personnel
- Excel at relationship-building.
- Coach and mentor junior members of production.
- Serve as custodian of team health, and foster a culture of success.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a video game producer.
- Background in programming (work experience, formal education, or otherwise).
- Understanding of software development.
- Understanding of basic software engineering and technology, ability to understand tech discussions.
- Worked on at least one full AAA-project life cycle.
- Expert with project management development tools (MS Project, JIRA. MS Office, Shotgun, etc.)
- Expert in project management methodologies with previous Scrum Master, Prince2 and/or Kanban experience.
- Skilled in risk assessment, management and scheduling.
- Unsurpassed verbal and written communication.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Analytical thinking. E.g. analyzing charts, logs, etc. to draw conclusion about regressions and potential issues.
- Superb relationship building skills (locally & internationally)
- Must be willing to work in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
International Travel may be required as part of the role
- Previous experience as a tech producer on an ambitious project
- Previous experience with the CryENGINE / Lumberyard
- Project Management certifications such as Prince2, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Knowledge of space simulations, FPS AAA games, MMOs and/or Wing Commander Franchise
- A college degree