Posted: September 14, 2018
The Technical Producer will work with our Engine and Tools team to help deliver the requirements for the crowd-funded project “Star Citizen” and the action-packed cinematic story campaign game “Squadron 42”.
- Serve as a driving force for the globally acting engine and tools teams, facilitating communication, organization, accountability, and reporting to the Senior Producer.
- Own and create both the daily and long-term schedules for your teams by using agile methodologies (SCRUM) and ensure that goals and deadlines are clearly communicated outward.
- Compile and send out regular reports on team progress and accomplishments.
- Identify, communicate and resolve any risks that may prevent the team from completing any deadlines to production leadership and team leads.
- Schedule and attend meetings; set agendas; take concise and comprehensive notes / action items and distribute them to appropriate personnel.
- Provide guidance and motivation to team members, making sure that goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Communicate with all members of production, providing visibility on project status, risks and opportunities.
- Work with team leads to develop efficient work methods and pipelines.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership and internal support staff.
- Provide mentorship for junior staff on improved production practices.
- Serve as custodian of team health and foster a culture of success.
- A minimum of 4+ years’ experience as a video game producer.
- Worked on at least one full AAA-project life cycle.
- Work experience with engineering and technology teams.
- Analytical thinking. E.g. analysing charts, logs, etc. to draw conclusion about regressions and potential issues.
- Understanding of basic software engineering and technology, the nature of software development and the ability to understand and follow technical discussions.
- Expert with project management development tools (MS Project, JIRA. MS Office, Shotgun, etc.).
- Expert in project management methodologies with previous Scrum Master, Prince2 and/or Kanban experience.
- Skilled in risk assessment, management and scheduling.
- Unsurpassed verbal and written communication.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to bring order to chaos.
- Superb relationship building skills (locally & internationally)
- Must be willing to work in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International Travel may be required as part of the role.
- Background in programming (work experience, formal education, or otherwise).
- Previous experience with live service production.
- Previous QA, design, engineering, or art work experience.
- Previous experience with the CryENGINE / Lumberyard.
- Project Management certifications such as Prince2, Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Knowledge of space simulations, FPS AAA games, MMOs and/or Wing Commander Franchise.
A college degree.