Posted: September 17, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems and technical vehicle and item setup for Star Citizen.
- Design and develop new features for the Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the Lead Systems Designer and the Game Director to ensure Chris Roberts’ vision for Star Citizen becomes reality.
- Implement complex systems that stretch the capabilities of the engine and challenge the expectations of the players.
- Cleanly implement the design setup for vehicles and their associated gameplay systems.
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
- Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
- Use data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
- Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other.
- Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
- Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development – in a System/Tech Designer capacity.
- Experience (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles).
- Knowledge and experience with a visual scripting language.
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
- Excellent English communication and written skills.
- International Travel may be required as part of the role.
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages or a C style programming language
- Experience with building behavior tree based AI.
- FPS gameplay experience.
- Massively Multiplayer Game experience.
- MP debugging experience.
- Experience with CryENGINE/LUMBERYARD
- Experience in data analysis.
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Please apply by the link