Posted: June 11, 2018
Foundry 42 Ltd. in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, AI, game modes, and scripted events for Star Citizen.
- Design and develop new features for the Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the Lead Designer and the Game Director to ensure Chris Roberts’ vision for Star Citizen becomes reality.
- Must be able to implement systems and content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems.
- Cleanly implement content with our designer tools and scripting language.
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
- Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
- Use data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
- Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
- Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks, or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development – in a System/Tech Designer capacity.
- Experience (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles).
- Knowledge and experience with a C style programming language or a visual scripting language.
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
- Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
- Excellent English communication and written skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International Travel may be required as part of the role.
- Candidate must be eligable to work in the EU.
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
- Experience with building behavior tree based AI.
- FPS Experience.
- Massively Multiplayer Game experience.
- Experience with CryENGINE/LUMBERYARD
- Experience in data analysis.
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes.