»Game Support Manager
Posted: August 17, 2018
The Game Support Manager at Cloud Imperium Games is responsible for operations of the Game Support team, including managing team performance, addressing service issues, coordinating with other stakeholders on meeting our service goals, being a consumer advocate for Star Citizen backers, and owning processes and checklists for HEAP, our internal platform and engine that drives the Roberts Space Industries website, e-commerce store, and account system.
Additionally, this position will assist in managing and maintaining our Evocati Test Flight volunteer program, including the collection of feedback to be analyzed and distributed across the company. The Game Support team assists primarily through email and our Spectrum communications ecosystem, as well as infrequently talking to players in the game environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an encyclopedic knowledge of Star Citizen and an operational understanding of Heap/Tycoon as well as a proven track record of interfacing and serving other internal customers of the product. A solid understanding of technology concepts is highly desired, as is understanding the mentality of online players of Star Citizen today.
Tasks are subject to evolve as this team grows and as business demands change.
- Management of Game Support team members: Recruiting, training, appraisals, and coaching
- Maintain an awareness of current workflow and prioritizing tasks to the team while monitoring workloads
- Support agents in dealing with the most complicated and sensitive of customer inquiries.
- Identity and set team standards, ensuring timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries
- Coordinate with other stakeholders to solve service-level issues
- Develop customer service procedures and standards while providing exceptional service
- Management of Customer Accounts via Zendesk CRM software
- Occasional processing refunds and exchanges
- Oversee change management for HEAP as point of contact for CIG to Turbulent for all platform-side work and improvement, including product updates, HEAP improvements, sales-related events, and publishing checklists
- Perform regular auditing of badges and entitlements.
- Attend all regular meetings where stakeholders will need to interface with the platform: Marketing, Player Relations, Sales, etc.
- Identify areas of opportunity, such as how to better improve the Voyager Direct store, tools for the Player Relations teams, or bettering the user experience
- Learn and use SQL for basic research and reporting needs
- Assist the Chief Operating Office, the VP of Publishing, and the Director of Player Relations on platform-related projects as needed;
- Monitor, report, and drive on key analytics and metrics (e.g., usage, SKU performance, etc.);
- Any other such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
- International Travel may be required as a part of this role.
- Ability to coordinate across studios and territories to work with stakeholders in every office;
- Encyclopedic knowledge of Star Citizen and working knowledge of Heap/Tycoon;
- Able to learn basic SQL skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of online game and e-commerce behavior;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
- Multi-tasking capabilities;
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule during peak play periods and during game updates;
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
- Must be willing to work through online video and chat with colleagues across the globe;
- Is a self starter and can work regularly without oversight but also with a team when required;
- Can work independently as well as part of an international team;
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality;
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures;
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization;
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener;
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences;
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict;
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits;
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization;
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective player solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates;
- Has a high degree of patience navigating a variety of troubleshooting situations;
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations;
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed;
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application.» Apply here