Posted: September 10, 2018
The E-Commerce Support Team at Cloud Imperium Games is a public-facing team responsible for assisting with order, billing, and refund-related issues for players of Star Citizen. Work largely involves assisting with account-, order- and pledge-related issues by diagnosing and troubleshooting a wide variety of consumer issues and requests. Work will also include processing refund requests as well as being trained to identify and review fraudulent behavior.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Deliver a fun level of service and support to our dedicated Star Citizen backers and players, using email, forums, in-game communications and online websites;
- Helps process customer inquiries related to troubleshooting and processing orders and refunds as well as specific pledge-related requests;
- Interact with players both privately and publicly to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Assists the Customer Service team when required;
- Follow standard processes and procedures while being allowed to creatively solve problems;
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of keeping players happy and playing the game;
Coordinate with our teams across the globe;
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Proper online communication etiquette;
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately in English with a demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Working knowledge of Windows-based software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of online game communities and player relations and support principles and practices;
- Effective listening skills;
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good;
- Multi-tasking capabilities;
- Willingness to be flexible on schedule during peak play periods and during game updates
Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrable record of good judgment and accountability
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Makes players and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions and works to develop and sustain productive player relationships.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective player solutions.
- Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Has a high degree of patience navigating a variety of troubleshooting situations.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must be willing to work through online video and chat with colleagues across the globe
International travel may be required as part of the role.
Reports to: Player Relations Manager UK