Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 12, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a talented and accomplished UI Engineer to join us in our Los Angeles studio!
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced Gameplay User Interface Engineer to join our record-breaking crowd-funded game, Star Citizen! This position is responsible for developing User Interfaces that expose and interact with gameplay features, such as the Start Citizen ship combat HUD and UI.
The ideal candidate will be able to realize the vision of the art and design while working close with gameplay engineers and designer. UI and/or Gamecode experience are the ideal pre-requirements.
• Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI features.
• Implement functional and elegant UI features to interact with gameplay systems.
• Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features.
• Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features.
• Work with production staff and other leads to identify engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements.
• Adhere to established coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices.
• Serve as an active partner with other team members working on UI features.
• Acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the interface.
• Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
• Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams.
• Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment.
• and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
• Strong C++ programming skills.
• Strong Debugging skills.
• Worked with modern C++ game-engines
• Familiar with Flash / ActionScript.
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
• Demonstrated ability to balance programming tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
• High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Passion for video games.
• International travel may be required as part of the role
• Previous user interface design and implementation experience.
• Computer science or related degree.
• CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
• Experience working with localization / internationalization systems and dealing with common related issues.
• Experience developing or maintaining a UI toolkit framework.
• Familiar with Lua, Python, or other scripting languages.
• Experience working directly with low-level 3D graphics systems.
• Passion for science fiction and space simulations.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application» Apply here