»Senior Gameplay Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 12, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join us in our Los Angeles studio!
• Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, optimized and bug-free code.
• Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
• Assist in designing and creating gameplay tools that facilitates developer workflow and alleviates bottlenecks.
• Work with an interdisciplinary agile team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features.
• Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
• Provide technical leadership within areas of expertise to the engineering team.
• Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
• Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
• Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
• Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
• Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
• Function well with limited supervision.
• and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
• Strong C++ programming skills.
• Strong debugging skills
• Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
• Worked with modern C++ game-engines
• Experience with multiplayer programming
• A minimum of 3 years’ professional game programming experience
• Worked on at least one shipped AAA Title
• A passion for making and playing games.
• Work well in a cooperative environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
• International travel may be required as part of the role
• CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
• Space combat sim development experience.
• Passion for science fiction and space exploration.
• Online game and/or MMO development experience, ideally including interfacing with backend server code.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application» Apply here