Posted: September 12, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games in Austin, Texas is looking for a Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, AI, and tuning of the economy for Star Citizen.
• Design and develop new features for the Persistent Universe, working closely with the Lead Systems Designer and the Game Director to ensure Chris Roberts’ vision for Star Citizen becomes reality.
• Implement systems and content that leverages the capabilities of existing systems.
• Create logical, archetype based AI with our proprietary toolset that can be shared between our locations.
• Cleanly implement content with our designer tools and scripting language.
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
• Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
• Use expert data analysis skills plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
• Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
• Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
• Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks, or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
• and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
• 3+ years of professional experience in game development – in a System/Tech Designer capacity.
• Experience (from pre-production to release) 1 large scale, 3D title (PC, current/next-gen consoles).
• Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or a visual scripting language.
• Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
• Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
• Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
• Excellent sense for design and creating outstanding user experiences.
• Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
• Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.
• Be proactive and self-motivated, work without minimal supervision.
• Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
• Excellent English communication and written skills.
• Willing to relocate to Austin, Texas.
• International Travel may be required as part of the role.
• Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
• Experience with building behavior tree based AI.
• FPS Experience.
• Massively Multiplayer Game experience.
• MP debugging experience.
• Experience with CryENGINE/LUMBERYARD
• Experience in data analysis.
• Strong interest in science fiction based themes.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application.» Apply here