»Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted: September 12, 2018
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen! The DevOps Engineer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment interfacing with various leads and stakeholders to make the deployment and management of Cloud Imperium’s game service efficient and durable.
- Work closely with engineers from various disciplines to help design, implement and maintain massively scalable and highly reliable systems.
- Serve as a point of technical escalation.
- Interface with Lead/Principal Engineers and stakeholders of different disciplines across the organization.
- Monitor and track performance and reliability of our services.
- Campaign for DevOps best practices within the organization.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Share on-call responsibility with Publishing Operation team members.
- Documenting systems and processes.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience.
- Established background in Software Development or System Administration.
- Professional DevOps experience supporting scalable production environments.
- Extensive hands-on experience working with GNU/Linux servers in Production environments.
- Extensive hands-on experience with modern scripting languages against public vendors APIs on Linux platforms.
- Hands-on Experience with modern provisioning, configuration management, service discovery and/or orchestration tools.
- Hands-on experience in Production environments utilizing Distributed In-memory Data Stores, Real-Time Streaming Data Pipelines, Distributed Search and/or Analytics Engine solutions, in Development or Production projects.
- Solid knowledge of GNU/Linux resources monitoring tools and /proc.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Design Patterns and Best Practices.
- Strong understanding of the differences between general compute offerings patterns in the cloud i.e. IaaS, SaaS, PaaS & XaaS.
- Advanced understanding of Database, Networking and Security principles and Best Practices.
- Understanding of Service-oriented Architectures, Container-based deployment, or Microservices concepts and Design Patterns.
- Maintain Team-first, Continuous Improvement, Clear Communication, Humility, Integrity, and Customer-focused mindsets.
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Experience in Game Publishing and/or running HPC shops.
- Experience with Hybrid cloud solutions, either across different cloud providers or on-premises HW.
- Hands-on experience with Multi-regional deployments in AWS.
- Experience working with several remote teams and offices located across different time zones.
- Experience with Big Data and/or ML projects.
- Advanced understanding of NoSQL database concepts and limitations.
- AWS and/or GNU/Linux recent certifications.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application.» Apply here