»C++ Gameplay Engineer
Posted: September 12, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a skilled and talented Gameplay Engineer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen! The Gameplay Programmer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within CryEngine/Lumberyard.
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
- Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience using C/C++
- A passion for making and playing games.
- Work well in a cooperative environment.
- Experience programming game features and systems.
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- International travel may be required as a part of this position.
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products.
- CryEngine/Lumberyard development experience.
- Space combat sim development experience
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, ideally including interfacing with backend server code.
- Experience with C++ 11 constructs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Windows and Linux.
- Familiar with service oriented architectures and microservices.
- Understanding and use of software design patterns.
- Understanding of asynchronous communication.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
- Familiar with SQL and/or NOSQL databases.
- Passion for space simulations/games and science fiction.
- Experience working with and integrating scripting languages into C++ applications.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- Cloud Service programming experience.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company’s employment application» Apply here