As a Lighting Artist at CIG, you will be joining a team responsible for lighting all the amazing locations in the game. Star Citizen is a universe filled with solar systems, each of which are filled with diverse locations all of which the player can seamlessly fly down to from space and explore on foot.
You will be responsible for implementing high quality and cinematic realtime lighting scenarios for Star Citizen, this could be anything from a moody old Space Station in low orbit around a planet to a neon filled cityscape located on a planet. The art pillars of the game are Cinematic Sci-Fi Realism, so you will be helping to implement the mood and tone for environment to help define the final frame showcasing the artwork to the highest standard.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=rH59z29Odfo
What does a Lighting Artist at CIG do?
- Create believable and cinematic lighting scenarios for the locations in the game.
- Ensure the lighting in a location works within defined realtime rendering budgets.
- Work closely with the Lighting Lead and Art Director to make sure the artistic vision is coming to life.
- Collaborate with other departments to help create the best experience possible.
What we would want to see?
- Someone who is passionate about creating inspirational lighting moods.
- Someone who can draw from a variety of reference material to always challenge themselves and strive to raise the bar for realtime games.
- Experience in creating high quality realtime lighting scenarios.
- Understanding of physically based rendering.
- Someone who loves to be part of a passionate team and is able to communicate effectively.
If you’ve always wanted to create beautiful and exotic sci-fi environments which you can explore and get lost in then this could be the position for you, so please apply immediately.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.