Cloud Imperium is looking for a Technical Designer to help drive the effort in implementing gameplay systems, in the highly complex world of Star Citizen.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Implement technical features for Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the lead designer and game director to ensure Chris Roberts’ vision becomes reality.
- Be a model within the department for cleanly implementing content with our tools and scripting languages
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems
- Use data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for how to improve the experience
- Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project
- Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals, and quality requirements
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team, and design management
- Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks and suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development in a tech designer capacity
- Shipped one large-scale 3D titles from pre-production to release (PC, current and next-gen consoles)
- Knowledge and experience with a 'C style' programming, scripting languages or visual scripting
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in working with animation driven systems
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- Experience with next-generation AAA game engines
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Good time management and verbal and written communication
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International travel may be required as part of this role
- Previous experience with CryEngine and/or Lumberyard
- Experience with building behavior tree based AI
- FPS gameplay experience
- Massively-multiplayer game experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Strong interest in sci-fi themes
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.