Cloud Imperium Games in Austin is looking for a talented Senior Microservices Engineer to join our team.
The Senior Microservices Engineer will work on backend infrastructure services to assist with our release, development, and analytics pipelines. As a Senior Microservices engineer working on backend infrastructure services you should have a solid knowledge in domain driven design, microservices, event sourcing, containerization, and orchestration. They should also have experience with working in on premises and cloud environments.
- Design, Develop and maintain scalable microservices which developers will use to interact with and understand the release pipeline.
- Work closely with the team on managing deployments and maintaining test specs
- Help monitor and track performance and reliability of our services
- Monitor production environment and debug/maintain as needed.
- Document systems and processes
- And other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by Cloud Imperium that is reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Skilled communicator and ability to operate on a team.
- Good understanding of UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Proficient understanding of Domain Driven Design.
- Shell scripting (*nix and Windows)
- Minimal understanding of C++ and C# for debugging purposes.
- Perforce and Gitlab
- Akka, Play, Lagom Frameworks (Lightbend Platform)
- Continuous integration products such as Jenkins and BuildBot
- Google Compute Engine, Amazon Web Services and other cloud providers
- Databases (Mongo, SQL, Redis, Cassandra)
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.