»Senior Systems Designer
Posted: June 15, 2018
Foundry 42 Ltd. in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a Senior Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, game modes, and scripted events for Star Citizen.
- Design and develop new features for the Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the Lead Designer and the Game Director to ensure Chris Roberts’ vision for Star Citizen becomes reality.
- Be the “go to” person for the implementation of complex systems that stretch the capabilities of the engine and challenge the expectations of the players.
- Be a leader within the department for cleanly implementing content with our designer tools and scripting languages.
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
- Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
- Use expert data analysis skills plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
- Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
- Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
- Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
- Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
- Create and refine gameplay mechanics.
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game development – in a System/Tech Designer capacity
- Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2+, large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
- Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
- Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remains positive, and motivate your team.
- Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique.
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques.
- Excellent English communication and written skills.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International Travel may be required as part of the role
- Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
- Experience with building behavior tree based AI.
- FPS gameplay experience.
- Massively Multiplayer Game experience.
- MP debugging experience.
- Knowledge with CryENGINE/LUMBERYARD
- Experience in data analysis.
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes.