LAST UPDATED: June 23, 2020
For users in the European Union, the data controller pursuant to the General Data Protection Directive (“GDPR”) in respect of any Personal Information (as defined below) that you submit to us via the Website (or otherwise) is Cloud Imperium Games, Limited a company registered in England and Wales (company number: 8703814) and located at Freedom House, Church Street, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1AX, United Kingdom (“CIG”, “we”, “us”, “our”). The Personal Information you submit to us via the Website (or otherwise) will be processed by us or by data processors appointed by us to undertake processing on our behalf.
2. What Is Personal and Non-Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that we may collect from you that identifies you, or which, in conjunction with other information that is in our possession, or is likely to come into our possession, may be used by us to identify you.
“Non-Personal Information”, is information that we have collected from you which cannot be used by us to identify you.
3. Which Data Does CIG Collect and Use at Which Stage?
3.1 Use Of Our Website
If you access or use our Website we may collect the following Non-Personal Information:
- IP address
- name of requested file
- operating system
- browser type and settings
- time of access
We use the information set out in this Section 3.1 to optimize your experience of the CIG Services. The collection of the information set out in this Section 3.1 is mandatory. CIG is not able to properly provide you with the CIG Services without this basic information acc. to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
3.2 Applying for Jobs
If you apply for a job on the Website, in addition to the information we collect under Section 3.1 and 3.2 mentioned above we may also collect the following Personal Information (not all of these data being mandatory):
- personal master data; e.g. name, birth date, postal address
- contact details; e.g. telephone number, e-mail address
- content of your application documents
- provide link to your online portfolio/showreel if applicable
- if you are eligible to work in the EU
- if you are already part of the Star Citizen Community
- your salary expectations
- if you are engaged in any form of entertainment and/ or online gaming media
- where you found the job advertisement
- notice period of the current employment agreement
- passport validity
- name and agency of your recruitment agent if applicable
If you apply for a job on the Website the Personal Information that you transfer to us will be stored for consideration and reference purposes for a period of twenty four (24) months from the point of your last profile update. If your profile is not updated within a twelve (12) month period, your profile and any applications will be permanently deleted from our database unless we contact you via email and you update your profile.
If you are hired as an employee your Personal Information will be subject to the employment agreement and its related guidelines and policies and this policy will cease to apply.
We collect your personal data to perform pre-contractual measures or enter into a contract and our legitimate interests (including proving prior contracts towards recruitment agencies and the optimization of the application process).
4. Will CIG Share My Information with Third Parties?
- any of our affiliated companies including Cloud Imperium UK Ltd., Roberts Space Industries International Limited, Cloud Imperium US, LLC, Cloud Imperium Games, LLC, Cloud Imperium Games Texas, LLC and Roberts Space Industries, LLC (individually and collectively “CIG Group”);
- any authority to which we are obliged by law to disclose your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
5. How Does CIG Protect Your Personal Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow all relevant regulations, including the GDPR, where applicable, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For users in the European Union the Personal Information that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us or by our Data Processors pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR. We have implemented physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to help safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your Personal Information.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Review, Correction and Deletion Of Your Information
You can correct, update or delete your Personal Information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to review, update or remove information as appropriate. We will require you to verify your identity before releasing any information to you.
7. Third Party Sites
We operate some social media channels at various social networks. Except for the embedded contents described above, all references to our social media profiles are integrated by placing a link. We do not use plugins which transfer personal data to third parties without your active involvement. A transfer only takes place by clicking on the link. If you visit one of our profiles, the data protection policy of the respective social network applies. Your respective rights and setting options to protect your privacy in the social networks can be found in the providers' data protection information.
We operate social media channels on the following networks:
8. Information on your Rights
In addition to the rights mentioned before you have the right
- to request that we delete personal data relevant to you without delay if one of the reasons specified in Art. 17 of the GDPR applies. Unfortunately, we may not delete data that is subject to a legal retention period. If you would prefer that we never collect data from you or never contact you again in the future, we shall store such relevant contact details in a blacklist.
- to revoke any consent given by you with future effect and without any negative consequences for you.
- to request from us that processing be restricted if one of the prerequisites listed in Art. 18 of the GDPR is provided.
- to object at any time to the processing of personal data relevant to you on grounds relating to your particular situation. We shall no longer process personal data in the event of an objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to do so, which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims (Art. 21 of the GDPR).
- to request that the data relevant to you be issued in a commonly used electronic and machine-readable format. This also covers the issuance (if possible) to another responsible party specified by you directly. (Art. 20 of the GDPR)
- without prejudice to another administrative or judicial remedy and if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in breach of the GDPR, to file a complaint with our data protection officer: email@example.com
- to assert claims vis-à-vis the supervisory authority in the member state of your place of stay, your place of work or the location where the alleged violation took place.
9. Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you may contact us using the following contact information:
For users in the United States:
Cloud Imperium Games, LLC
12322 Exposition Blvd.
For users outside the United States:
Cloud Imperium Games, Limited