Posted: June 15, 2018
Foundry 42 Ltd. in Frankfurt, Germany is looking for a skilled Animator to work with the design team under direction of the Game Director and Animation Director on animation related areas within Squadron 42 and the FPS module for Star Citizen.
The Animator will be responsible for the creation and export of character animations. They should have strong key frame animation abilities as well as experience handling motion capture data.
- Create and implement in-game animations.
- Works with all departments to collaboratively bring characters to life.
- Collaborate with Animation Director, Animation Lead and Senior Animators on implementing animations within the game engine.
- Create key frame animation as well as working with motion capture data for in-game assets while following the given style guide
- Ensure timely completion of animation commitments at the desired quality bar
- Partners with designers, programmers and other departments involved
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development – in an Animator capacity
- Shipped (from pre-production to release) 1, large scale, 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- A understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Strong knowledge of MotionBuilder / Maya
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals
- Experience with next generation AAA game engines
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to gather, analyse, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique
- Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Knowledge with CryENGINE/Lumberyard
- Cinematography knowledge
- Experience with rigging
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes
- Experience with Outsourcing and/or collaboration with external studios
Demo reel required of all applicants.» Apply here