Posted: August 16, 2017
Foundry 42 are looking for an extremely organised individual to join the company as Office Manager at our Derby studio. This is a diverse role which involves working with different areas of the business to ensure the smooth running of the office. Whilst acting primarily to provide flexible support to the Derby team, the successful candidate will also be tasked with handling office management, reception duties and being a point of contact linking to our Wilmslow studio. The role will require a high level of self-discipline and management of own workloads.
- To meet and greet visitors to the company ensuring security standards are met by maintaining the visitor’s book and issuing NDA’s when required.
- Answer incoming calls and directing to the appropriate person if necessary.
- Use a range of software including email, spreadsheets and databases to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- Set up and manage electronic and paper filing systems.
- Monitor supplies of stock (e.g. stationary, drinks) and re-order as necessary.
- Handle the purchase order system for all goods and services required at the Derby office, ensuring that a purchase order number is raised and approved before placing an order.
- Assist the HR department with admin tasks such as handling new starter paperwork and inducting new employees.
- Assist employees with queries and perform ad hoc duties for the management team.
- Act as the contact link between the admin team at our studio in Wilmslow and the Derby team, providing assistance when required.
- Organise the office layout and keep the seating plan updated.
- Liaise with suppliers when necessary to discuss order requirements or to report office maintenance issues.
- Assist with health and safety issues in the office reporting any issues to the HR Department.
- Maintain car park lists and issue fobs/passcodes when required.
- Support with the organisation of social events for staff.
- Provide general administrative support to the company.
- Perform any other delegated duties considered appropriate in order to maintain the efficient running of the office.
Experience and skills
- Prior experience working within a similar role is essential
- Exceptional organisational ability
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft word software package – primarily Word and Excel
- Flexibility required to work in accordance with the diverse duties required
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when required
- Proactive attitude and attention to detail
- Experience dealing with confidential data is desirable
Please click the link to apply