»Lead Real-Time VFX Artist
Posted: November 22, 2017
Foundry 42 Wilmslow is looking for a Lead Real-Time VFX Artist. Under direction of the Visual Effects Director, you will drive the workflows and pipelines of the VFX team for Star Citizen/Squadron 42.
CIG’s VFX team are working on the cutting edge of video game development, closely collaborating with our talented art, design and programming teams to create Real-Time visual effects for Science Fiction environments, vehicles and weapons.
• Work closely with the Visual Effects Director to:
o Effectively interpret and communicate the Game Directors’ project vision.
o Establish, maintain and incrementally improve visual targets for the projects’ VFX.
o Establish, maintain and incrementally improve VFX workflow and pipeline practices.
• Lead a team of VFX Artists by example, ensuring they follow approved workflow and pipeline practices to create and maintain consistently high visual effects.
• Work closely with Graphics/Gameplay Engineers and Designers to build new VFX-specific tools/features, and improve existing ones.
• Ensure the projects’ VFX assets are incrementally improved as tools/feature improvements come online.
• Work closely with specialized QA to maintain and improve VFX testing procedures.
• 3+ years of professional experience in game development.
• 1+ year experience in a leadership role.
• 2+ shipped (from pre-production to release), 3D titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles)
• Previous experience creating high quality VFX for AAA games.
• Excellent knowledge of real-time particle systems and shaders, including effective optimization practices.
• Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games and films.
• Strong verbal, written communication and time management skills.
• Ability to catalogue/monitor a large quantity of VFX assets, ensuring that they are maintained accordingly.
• Be highly self-motivated and show initiative.
• Ability to effectively communicate the global vision of the Game and VFX Directors, and critique peoples’ work accordingly.
• Ability to facilitate and contribute to the mentoring of junior/mid-level staff.
• Be able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required.
• A passion for video game development.
• International travel may be required as part of the role.
• Experience with offline fluid sims (for example: FumeFX, Houdini) and 2D Packages (for example: Photoshop, After Effects)
• Experience with CryEngine/Lumberyard.
• Experience working in a multiple-studio/time-zone set-up.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
Please use the ‘Apply Here’ link below