Posted: October 07, 2018
Cloud Imperium Games is a rapidly growing games company reshaping the nature of game development and publishing with an unrivalled following and participation for its open development model. The Company has an internationally broad portfolio of operations with offices in Europe and the US and worldwide business relationships. Since coming to the market in 2012 the business has flourished with excellent predictions for the years ahead. The significant growth of the business can be attributed to extensive product development, a defined and focussed growth plan and the continued direct and informed communication with its existing and target audience. A strong and growing customer base and highly accomplished leadership team, coupled with this exciting opportunity, makes this one of the most attractive organisations in the region today.
To help manage the continued expansion of the of the group the CFO is looking to appoint a high calibre Financial Controller to work with him in the European side of the organisation.
Experience, adaptability, and a desire to overcome sometimes complex and daunting challenges will be part and parcel of your natural character and demeanour. These traits, grounded with core competences and a drive to make a significant impact on the business you serve, will stand you in good stead in what will be a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment, but one that will offer excellent satisfaction and reward.
This position will provide an attractive package, but it is the opportunity to be involved in this exciting company, to grow and develop with it and to work with a highly accomplished and proven team that should be inspiring you to find out more details.
The duties of this role shall be to lead, motivate and manage the operational finance function within the European side of this organisation providing professional financial management expertise and support to the business Officers and Directors to achieve the group’s financial goals and objectives, at both operational and strategic levels, and ensuring also that all statutory and legal compliances are met in full and all external financial relationships are maintained to a high standard.
The Financial Controller must be an authoritative team leader and motivator, while also being an approachable team player. The Financial Controller will need to demonstrate exceptional financial, organizational and time management skills. The ability to plan ahead, trouble shoot and pay close attention to detail is vital in this role. The Financial Controller must be an excellent communicator, with tact and diplomacy skills, being able to deal confidentially with business finances in what can be a very pressurised leadership function.
The Financial Controller must also constantly prioritize tasks. They may be frequently interrupted, therefore the ability to multi-task is crucial. The Financial Controller may be required to work the hours required to ‘get the job done’, so a strong commitment to the job is essential. This role can become highly pressurized and stressful; therefore, a flexible and positive approach is a key requirement and is highly valued.
The Financial Controller role is a leadership position which requires total confidentiality and discretion. The Financial Controller must maintain high ethical standards and a strong people centred focus ensuring the team delivers all aspects of the function as required by the business.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Preparation & Review of Monthly Management Accounts, including:
• Balance sheet and sub-ledger review & reconciliations (especially sales / collection reconciliations)
• Accruals and general ledger journals and review
• Fixed Asset register and maintenance
• Production of Cost Reporting including internal reports and external reports where required.
• Production Budget including O/H cost analysis/control including inter-department charging and time recording.
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable analysis and credit control management.
• Regular cash-flow reporting and forecasting (inc PO system implementation/development and integration).
• Treasury management and reporting – including exchange hedging and investment activities.
• Preparation and submission of Sales Tax list reports and other government reports as required.
• Assistance in Year-end accounts preparation and analysis and tax computation planning (including tax credit claims).
• Assistance in annual budget preparation and quarterly rolling forecasts.
• KPI production, management and monitoring, time sheet/labour/cost allocation by function.
• Ad-hoc accounts analysis.
• Team management and development.
• Determine and implement improvements within the finance team.
• Implement strengthened financial control approvals and processes as required.
• Monitor and review the performance of staff and organise necessary interventions for improvement.
• Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments and Management.
• CIMA or ACA fully qualified
• Management experience
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Reporting skills
• Planning and organising
• Financial excellence
• Co-ordination and control
• Time management
• Attention to detail
• World class communication skills
• Influencing and leading
• Team work
• Conflict management
• Adaptability & stress tolerance
Please apply with a cover letter and detailed CV outlining your experiences.