Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This is a full-time position starting in a Work from Home structure until safe to return to our office in Austin.
Our Community team builds and maintains the most passionate and engaged player community in gaming, with gamers from around the globe contributing to and assisting in the ongoing development of Star Citizen, the industry’s most ambitious game that will deliver a persistent universe of unprecedented scale and limitless possibilities. We see our player community as an extension of our team and partners in building this epic universe together. We're looking for a Community Manager who is passionate about bolstering that relationship, championing the voice of our backers, and of course, having fun.
What does a Community Manager at CIG do?
- Act as a public-facing representative of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels and at events
- Create engaging content for all platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, videos, etc.
- Work closely with the various teams developing and supporting Star Citizen and Squadron 42
- Maintain, iterate, and continuously develop the community management strategy in collaboration with the Game Team for Star Citizen and Squadron 42
- Monitor, report, and drive key community engagement performance metrics (e.g., reach, engagement, retention, positive sentiments).
- Participate in fan-made efforts such as videos, podcasts, interviews, events, etc.
- Collaborate with the Community Team to provide recommendations to development and marketing teams based on community sentiment and feedback. This will be in conjunction with community reports, daily interaction, survey/polling, and any other related feedback processes established
- Support community partners including fansites, content creators, and volunteers
- Analyze and identify issues and trends, and share detailed and robust player feedback reports with the Game Team
What do we expect from our Community Manager?
- Able to work with other teams and disciplines to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Able to communicate with others quickly and effectively, both internal and external to Cloud Imperium Games
- Extensive knowledge of video games and their respective communities
- Detail-oriented and driven to organize and re-prioritize tasks and decisions under regularly shifting requirements and deadlines
- Able to confidently communicate about Cloud Imperium Games products with the public
So, if you are an enthusiastic and self-starting Community Manager, please apply for this role immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.