Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge video games that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make video game history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
As an Embedded QA Specialist, you’ll work alongside developers during the creation of game features and content, providing exceptional assistance in their debugging, and immediate feedback on in-progress development efforts. Be sure to bring your A-Game here. Because it takes QA know-how, some gaming expertise, a dash of technical aptitude and a knack for problem-solving to successfully navigate this important developmental position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of embedded testers and developers on a variety of gameplay features and systems
- Work with both Development to create and maintain documentation detailing upcoming and existing features
- Create, manage, and execute test cases on assigned projects
- Verify features and systems on a regular basis
- Investigate and thoroughly document issues in Jira using approved bug writing methods, escalating critical issues to the attention of the development team
- Communicate successfully with other teams and departments.
- Be familiar with bugs that have been entered for the systems owned by your development team
- Parse error logs in order to further investigate and triage issues
- Act as a knowledge base and representative of features to other non-embedded QA Testers
- 2 or more years of experience working in Quality Assurance
- Highly pro-active with a bent for problem-solving
- Highly organized and self-driven
- Ability to pivot and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with bug tracking tools, such as: Jira, FogBugz, TestTrack, etc…
- Experience with version control software, such as: Perforce, GitHub, etc…
- Experience with game development editors, such as: Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard, etc…
- Experience with programming/scripting languages, such as: C# and Python
- Experience with development process tools, such as: MySQL Workbench and TestRail
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.