Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. This is a full-time position starting in a Work from Home structure until safe to return to our office in Austin.
The Forum Moderator at Cloud Imperium Games is a public-facing position responsible for maintaining healthy discussion and culture on our official Spectrum forums and channels, helping people understand and enjoy the game, developing ways of driving interest and engagement through one-to-many events and communications, and turning reports and hot topics into solutions and improvements for Star Citizen.
The Forum Moderator will also provide various levels of support in helping players navigate and learn the website, the launcher, and the game; administering the official website to maintain a safe and secure environment by enforcing the forums code of conduct; and communicating publicly with players on live service issues through email, forums, and live chat.
What does a Forum Moderator at CIG do?
- Proactively moderate our official forum and live chat channels, websites, and other relevant platforms such as YouTube, Twitch, and other related Social Media channels
- Assist Moderation, Community, and Game Support teams with miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior on official channels to foster healthy, positive, and constructive discussion
- Deliver a fun level of service and support to our dedicated Star Citizen backers and players, using multiple channels of communication
- Interact with players both privately and publicly to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates by learning and playing Star Citizen.
- Write detailed reports of daily activities and occurrences
What do we expect from our Forum Moderators?
- Able to work with other teams and disciplines to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Able to communicate with others quickly and effectively, both internal and external to Cloud Imperium Games
- Extensive knowledge of video games and their respective communities
- Detail-oriented and driven to organize and re-prioritize tasks and decisions under regularly shifting requirements and deadlines
- Able to confidently communicate about Cloud Imperium Games products with the public
- Willingness to be flexible with scheduling during peak play periods and game updates
So, if you are an enthusiastic and self-starting Forum Moderator, please apply for this role immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.