As a Senior Game Designer you will design and develop new game features for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen, working closely with other designers and other disciplines to deliver experiences that engage and delight players. Your expertise in player behavior, analytical skills, and creativity will help to shape the future of Star Citizen.
As a Senior Game Designer for Star Citizen, you will coordinate small interdisciplinary teams in the development of features for our flagship MMO title.
- Owning the planning and implementation of features that stretch the capabilities of our engine and challenge the expectations of our players.
- Collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to deliver shippable game systems.
- Collating and iterating on feedback from playtesting, the development team, and design management.
- Developing prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible
- Identifying and resolving issues while working with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
- 4+ years of experience in professional Game Design with at least one shipped title. Experience in a systems design role and/or work on an MMO title is highly preferred.
- Excellent proficiency with scripting in tools like Unreal Blueprint or Unity and an eagerness to learn proprietary toolsets.
- Ability to follow up with others, break down tasks, and drive your work with little oversight.
- Skilled communicator in both written and spoken mediums, able to convey complex ideas in a way that is easily parsed.
- Experience understanding, gathering information on, and planning for work from other disciplines.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.