Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make video game history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - Cloud Imperium Games: https://youtu.be/P5YvgQ2RX_g
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a skilled and talented Senior Gameplay Engineer to work on our exciting PC space combat sim, Star Citizen! The Senior Gameplay Engineer will work in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment to implement game features and systems within the CryEngine/Lumberyard.
What do our Gameplay Programmers do?
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers
- Work with QA, providing the information needed to fully test developed code
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements
- Work well together with other team members in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity and other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with the employee’s skills and experience
What does a good Senior Gameplay Engineer look like to us?
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience using C/C++
- A passion for making and playing games
- Work well in a cooperative environment
- Experience programming game features and systems
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, or online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Experience with code optimization
- Comfortable contributing to an established engine
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent, and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.