As our Austin Studio Manager, you will work closely with the team leadership to drive the health, culture and effectiveness of the studio. As an experienced people manager, you will partner with local leads in each department of your studio location and work closely with fellow studio managers around the world. Our Studio Manager must encourage and ensure collaboration between our distributed teams, while also providing a great working environment that respects the needs and culture of the local team. This role reports into both the Chief People Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
We believe our staff are key to our studio and games’ success and as our Studio Manager, it’s your mission to ensure that each employee has what they need to enthusiastically deliver quality content. All our office locations are designed to offer the best environment for team-focused and creative development in this passion-driven industry.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make video game history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/P5YvgQ2RX_g
What do our Studio Manager’s do?
- Oversee and provide the best studio service, leading Operations, Facilities, Admin, and local IT services to pro-actively improve studio workplace and team quality of life, in the long and short term, especially managing the significant growth we expect in our Austin Studio.
- Lead efficient process improvement initiatives, including but not limited to: business reviews, risk analysis, budgeting, studio health, current and future space needs, etc.
- Provide leadership, advise and push mentorship and training opportunities for your studio and champion strategic initiatives to improve employee ability and morale making a positive impact to product-quality
- Develop, maintain, and publish Studio KPIs that track project quality, delivery, and financial status and risks and report these to the Chief People Officer and Chief Operating Officer
- Bring positive energy, a “door is always open” and “people first” mentality
What do we expect from our Studio Managers?
- Proven experience in People Management and Facility Management/Operations (including relocation and renovations)
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of partners
- Pragmatic, amiable, patient, and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems
- Self-starter who can identify problems before they have an impact, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve those problems efficiently
- Demonstrable background directing department activities; lead by example; formulate and execute goals and objectives and assess achievement
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Texas, LLC.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.