Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented and accomplished UI Engineer to join us in our Austin, TX studio.
This position is responsible for developing user interfaces that expose and interact with gameplay features, such as the Star Citizen ship combat HUD and UI.
The ideal candidate will be able to realize the vision of the art and design teams while working closely with gameplay engineers and designers. UI and/or gamecode experience are the ideal pre-requirements.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI features
- Implement functional and elegant UI features to interact with gameplay systems
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features
- Work with an agile, interdisciplinary team of artists, designers, and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new gameplay features
- Work with production staff and other leads to identify engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements
- Adhere to established coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices
- Serve as an active partner with other team members working on UI features
- Acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the interface
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed
- Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams
- Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Worked with modern C++ game-engines
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a team of highly skilled programmers
- Demonstrated ability to balance programming tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- High comfort level working within, and analyzing and improving, an established code base
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Previous user interface design and implementation experience
- Computer science or related degree
- Lumberyard development experience
- Experience working with localization/internationalization systems and dealing with common related issues
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI toolkit framework
- Familiar with Lua, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience working directly with low-level 3D graphics systems
- Passion for science fiction and space simulation
This position is offered at our Austin Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.