As a Physics Programmer at CIG you would be directly involved in extending the possibilities of the real-time physical simulation that is the backbone of our massive sandbox universe, determining the dynamics of almost every aspect of our game, from simple rocks to vehicles and spaceships to asteroids and planets and their moons.
You will be working on all aspects of our core simulation technology that runs on every client instance as well as on our server infrastructure. You will work in an interdisciplinary setting with other departments with many different backgrounds across the various contexts of physical simulation, providing expertise and guidance when it comes to simulation boundaries as well as maintaining and extending the fundamental simulation technology that enables us to let our vast virtual universe come to life.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/rH59z29Odfo
What does a Physics Programmer at CIG do?
- Develop, maintain, and enhance the stability, quality, and variety of game physics elements such as ragdolls, vehicle dynamics, rope, fragments, etc.
- Maintain, support, and optimize the existing physics code (including collision detection and spatial queries) and assist in its practical applications within the game projects
- Work closely with the game project teams to assist in integrating and extending the physics engine
What do we ask for?
- Deep understanding of the mathematics behind rigid body dynamics and collision detection
- Expert knowledge of real-time physical simulations
- Comfortable working with C++ in a multi-threaded and shared codebase.
- Work well in a distributed yet collaborative team environment.
- Strong software debugging skills to effectively track, diagnose and solve a variety of complex issues.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for driven Physics Programmers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our Physics team sounds like your perfect fit, please apply immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.