As a PR Specialist for Cloud Imperium Games, you’ll join a close-knit team working together to spread the word about the upcoming Star Citizen and Squadron 42, both in open development.
You can whip up clever, on-point press materials in your sleep, you thrive on creating PR strategies that go beyond traditional media outreach and you’ve been through a crisis or two and come out the other side.
You are ready to work on an internal PR team and prove your mettle in the creation and execution of killer marketing campaigns that incorporate all aspects of new age PR – social media, influencers, content marketing, and more. Your passion for PR matches that of our development team and you thrive in an environment that encourages initiative outside of a standard job description. In this role, you will work closely with developers spread across our global team and report to our PR Director in Los Angeles.
• World-class PR: Work closely with the Marketing, Community and Development Departments to plan, produce and execute world-class strategic PR initiatives with the purpose of broadening the awareness of Cloud Imperium Games, its amazing community and the company’s products.
• Video Game Media Relations: Handle day-to-day media relations by successfully pitching, securing and providing counsel to internal leadership for various press opportunities.
• Corporate Media Relations: Work to establish strong corporate PR — assisting with the writing and editing of corporate press releases, communications, and social and web presences. Manage the process of obtaining speaking opportunities, running panels and assisting with organization of gaming and corporate events.
• Writing: Draft basic PR materials such as news announcements, press releases, fact sheets, website content, social media content, meeting notes, status reports, etc.
• Reporting: Develop quantitative and qualitative reporting for all communications & events activities.
• Database Management: Update and maintain the primary media database and continually build on it as new media is discovered.
• 3-4 years Public Relations experience (internal or agency side)
• Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately in both English & German.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills under pressure while considering the big picture and not just quick fixes.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Extremely detail-oriented, ultra-organized, quality-focused and driven to consistently meet tight deadlines
• Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other’s plans and objectives
• Ability to objectively evaluate media, customer and community feedback and make appropriate recommendations and actions with a focus on player satisfaction
• Extensive knowledge of games and the game industry markets – including player audiences, genres, preferences and trends
• Personal experience with video games a plus; experience supporting mass, pop-culture products and/or entertainment brands a must
• Experience using media monitoring and measurement tools
• Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with all departments
• Detail-oriented, self-directed skills including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including adaptability to fluid and last-minute changes
• Provide strategic input for game launches and momentum programs
• Engage in media outreach with enthusiast and some mainstream press
• Actively engage as part of PR team with marketing, production and development teams
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter that includes the below:
• Why you are interested in working at Cloud Imperium Games
• A games PR campaign you admire and why
• Example of a publicly available PR campaign you managed