Cloud Imperium is looking for a Real-Time VFX Artist of all experience levels. Applicants must be capable of creating high quality Real-Time visual effects for video games. You will be working on the cutting edge of video game development, working closely with our talented art, design and programming teams as you create Real-Time visual effects for Science Fiction environments, vehicles and weapons.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with other artists, designers, and programmers to implement the art director’s vision
- Create convincing real-time VFX throughout all stages of the game development process
- Maintain consistently high visual quality across a wide range of effects, from vast space environments to small weapons and everything in between
Optimize effects to run efficiently in-game while maintaining high visual quality
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process (if mid to senior level)
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to break down existing effects in games and films
- Highly self-motivated
- Able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required
- Passion to raise the bar in real-time VFX
- Excellent with real-time particle systems, offline fluid sims (e.g. FumeFX), and 2D Packages (e.g. Photoshop and After Effects)
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Applicants must be eligible to work within the EU
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt, Germany
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Experience with Lumberyard
- In-depth knowledge of cutting-edge visual effects practices in the video game and film industries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for video games
This position is offered at our Frankfurt Office by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
Please submit your application in English
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.