Cloud Imperium Games is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our team here in Frankfurt, Germany. Under the directions of the Lead Level Designer you will be working closely with the Environment Art team to create realistic, high quality layouts and whiteboxes for the Star Citizen Persistent Universe.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Designing major/minor locations and create whiteboxes for realistic space and surface environments.
- Designing modular rooms and layouts to be used with our procedural tools, as well as using said tools to generate layouts for space and surface locations.
- Working closely with Environment Art team to ensure a balance between gameplay setup and visual direction.
- Creating documentation for locations in cooperation with the Narrative team.
- Implement location markup, AI and interactive objects to bring our locations to life.
- Be a leading example within the department for cleanly implementing content with our designer tools, markup tools and scripting language.
- Use your experience to ensure a consistent high-quality user experience.
- Assist with mentoring the other Level Designers within the team to help them develop their skillset.
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Contribute to design discussions and help solving complex design challenges within the games’ setting.
- 4+ years of professional game production experience in a Level Designer capacity.
- Previous experience in building realistic and believable 3D environments.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Developing and shipping at least one AAA title.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to create design proposals for peer reviews.
- Focused, motivated and effective on all tasks through completion.
- Positive team-oriented attitude.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a great organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete tasks within given time constraints.
- Experience with current 3D game engines.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- International Travel may be required as part of the role.
- Good knowledge of Lumberyard and/or CryEngine.
- Knowledge of architectural and spatial design for building believable 3D environments.
- Interest in Science Fiction based genres/themes (games, books, movies).
- Experience with working in a multi studio environment
- Knowledge of Confluence or other documentation systems.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.