Cloud Imperium is looking for a Senior Systems Designer to help lead the effort in creating gameplay systems, game modes, and scripted events for Star Citizen.
• Design and develop new features for Squadron 42 and the Persistent Universe, working closely with the lead designer and game director to ensure Chris Roberts’ vision becomes reality.
• Be the 'go to' person for the implementation of complex systems that stretch the capabilities of the engine and challenge the expectations of players
• Be a leader within the department for cleanly implementing content with our designer tools and scripting languages
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible
• Pitch concepts, designs, and full-proposals to project leads
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems
• Use expert data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for how to improve the experience
• Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project
• Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals, and quality requirements
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team, and design management
• Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics
• Create and refine gameplay mechanics
• Contribute to tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks and suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow
• 5+ years of professional experience in game development in a system/tech designer capacity
• Shipped two large-scale 3D titles from pre-production to release (PC, current and next-gen consoles)
• Knowledge and experience with a 'C style' programming or scripting language
• Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as weapon balancing, navigation mechanics, basic AI behavior, and scripted sequences
• Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
• Experience with next-generation AAA game engines
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remain positive, and motivate your team
• Expert in time management and verbal and written communication
• Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team
• Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with the latest technology and new techniques
• Excellent English communication and written skills
• Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
• International travel may be required as part of this role
• Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages
• Previous experience with CryEngine and/or Lumberyard.
• Experience with building behavior tree based AI
• FPS gameplay experience
• Massively-multiplayer game experience
• MP debugging experience
• Knowledge with Lumberyard
• Experience in data analysis
• Strong interest in sci-fi themes
This position is offered at our Frankfurt Office by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.