As part of the Editor team, our Tools Programmers are the powerhouse behind the multitude of tools that empower/enable our developers to build such ambitious and technologically advanced games. Delivering everything from slick editor tools for constructing a solar system, to the data pipelines to compress terabytes of geometry and textures, our tools programmers work closely with Designers, Artists, Engineers, QA and Production to solve a multitude of problems.
With the huge scale of our games and resulting complexity of technology it's built upon, it is critical that our tools empower developers to effortlessly realize their ambitions, whether that be constructing a million km wide asteroid belt or key frame the blink of an eye.
We publish a weekly update of our progress, along with trailers and streams of our main events at: https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertsSpaceInd
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/rH59z29Odfo
What does a Tool Programmer at CIG do?
- Collaborate with other team members and disciplines to design and implement well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust tools.
- Identify internal technical and developmental risks and obstacles and apply latest techniques and solutions to overcome them.
- Work to continuously improve user experience, capabilities and performance.
- Peer-review technical designs and documentation with the help of the wider team.
What do we expect from our Tool Programmers?
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large shared codebase.
- Experience with UI frameworks, such as QT and/or MFC.
- Familiarity with 3D math.
- Passion for creating a great UX.
- Ability to iterate and improve workflow through innovative problem solving.
- Ability to work in an agile, cross-functional environment.
- Effective at explaining and presenting technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines.
So, if you are an enthusiastic and self-starting Tools Programmer please apply for this role immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.