Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an experienced Trailer Producer for the Global Video Production (GVP) department to join us in our Los Angeles office (eventually)! This is a full-time position starting in a Workfrom Home structure until safe to return to our office in West Los Angeles.
Cloud Imperium Games is a fast-paced video gaming company on the cutting edge of technology developing two AAA titles: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. We release linear marketing content to our growing fan base – cinematic trailers, commercials, high-end serialized documentaries, behind-the-scenes recurring series, live-stream Q&A with our developers, and other experimental content. As a core member of the GVP team in charge of the Cinematics vertical, the Trailer Producer will own the production process from conception to completion. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge of the trailer/animation process, comfortable with creative notes, scheduling and budgets. You possess the ability to plan ahead, think creatively, identify issues/roadblocks and develop plans to prevent or minimize their impact on production. You are able to utilize budgets and schedules to protect and foster creativity. It’s not just about coming in on-time and under-budget, it’s a matter of applying your experience to support and unlock creative potential.
This role will report to the Sr. Producer, GVP, and work collaboratively with the Showrunner, video production team, the marketing cinematics team, marketing producers, department leads, and various internal stakeholders at Cloud Imperium.
What does our Trailer Producer do?
- Lead multiple real-time and outsourced cinematic initiatives through all phases of production. Including creative development, pre-production, bidding, MoCap, shot production, post-production, finishing/delivery and wrap.
- Build open lines of communication, providing status updates and collecting feedback from both internal and external creative partners across domestic and international time zones. Scope, develop and maintain production schedules and budgets. Support and elevate the creative process by implementing production & operational efficiencies
- Work with Sr. Producer to actualize budgets against annual cost projections.
- Coordinate efforts of shared resources from both internal departments and external vendors.
- Manage purchase orders (POs), Statement of Work (SOW), Master Contract Agreement (MCA), invoices and overall communication with external vendors.
What does a Trailer Producer look like to us?
- Must have 5+ years of experience working with animation, real-time engine, or VFX pipeline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing mandates and priorities.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects across various disciplines and time zones.
- Proactive, positive attitude who takes initiative to contribute effectively to the team.
- Knowledge of project management, calendar and budgeting software.
- International travel may be required as a part of this role
- Passion for Cinematics storytelling
- Interest in video games is a major plus
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/fivfcXexyy
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.