Star Citizen UI lives in the game world as 3D holograms, physical screens, and high-tech heads-up displays. Imagine developing retro sci-fi adverts for a crumbling city, interactive maps for a high-tech space station, or making a star fighter’s HUD look beautiful as well as useful.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make video game history.
What do our UI Designers do?
- Be the ‘go to’ person for creating UI visuals that support Star Citizen's gameplay and story
- Work in close collaboration with our UI and Game Art teams to create a groundbreaking player experience
- Be comfortable implementing content in the game engine, using our in-house development tools
- Develop beautiful UI sci-fi concepts that work with gameplay and environmental screens
- Help mentor Junior UI Artists and other team members and aid them in their professional development.
What would we expect from our UI Artists?
- Experience in creating front-facing user interfaces for any medium
- Demonstratable Graphics Design and composition skills
- A varied portfolio showcasing artwork, including user-interfaces
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, cross-functional team environment.
- A proactive hands-on approach, with a drive to get UI in-game and working well for the player
- At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several UI Designer with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our UI team sounds like your perfect fit, and if you are passionate about games, love game art, and most importantly, you believe you can take us to the next level, then please apply immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.