As an AI programmer you will be working with our custom engine and our internal tools in a multi-
disciplinary environment composed by industry veterans, with the goal of creating systems and behaviours for our AI agents.
The goal for the AI of Star Citizen and Squadron 42 is to shape a world that looks highly realistic, vast and very reach in content, this can only be achieved working side-to-side with game designers, level designers, animators, audio programmers and all the members of the cloud imperium family.
Working with the latest PC hardware, technology and APIs, we develop extensive ranges of highly realistic and systemic features to create agent that can realistically and physically interact with the environment and the players to achieve a lifelike space simulation.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our AI Programmers do?
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, scalable and robust code to maintain and enhance gameplay experience.
- Develop game code and extend AI code for a high-profile game.
- Drive engineering principles and practices for your teams, pushing boundaries and promoting new and innovative ways of working.
- Work closely with QAs, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for captivating AI.
- Identify internal technical and developmental risks and obstacles and apply latest AI techniques and solutions to overcome them.
What do we expect from our AI Programmers?
- Demonstrable AI game development experience.
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase.
- Good knowledge of 3D mathematics, including character rotation, moving and translation.
- Creative software engineering, problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Ability to explain and present technical solutions to both programmers and team members from other disciplines.
Diversity Statement CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Fraud Statement We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.