As an Animator, you will be part of a team of Gameplay Animators and Designers dedicated to developing fun and engaging combat and social gameplay for Players and AI, as well as bringing to life the Universe of Star Citizen and Squadron 42. You’ll be working directly with designers, helping to design animation flowgraphs and behaviours, block-out animations, assist on the mocap set for your actions, and edit and implement high quality motion capture performances, and also keyframe actions for Players, AI, and Creatures!
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Animators do?
- Work with the Animation team, designers, and programmers to develop and implement fluid, realistic, and solid-playing actions for Players, AI, and Creatures in combat and in social situations.
- Work with Animation Lead and Director to establish the quality expectations and guidelines within the game engine.
- Develop motion capture data and keyframe animation for in-game assets.
- Creating branching animation flowgraphs and designs in collaboration with Animation leadership, designers, and programmers.
- Work in a collaborative but distributed team environment, frequently communicating with teams in UK, EU and USA.
What do we expect from our Animators?
- Commercial experience in game animation development, ideally on current/next-gen consoles.
- Ability to breakdown complex behaviours and gameplay concepts and work collaboratively with designers.
- Experience with Maya, MotionBuilder, and other equivalent software.
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals.
- Ability to identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles while creating innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Eager to challenge your own ideas and those of your peers – we thrive to be the best!
At Cloud Imperium Games we are always keen to speak to Gameplay Animators, therefore if you’re passionate about games and believe you can take our animation to the next level, you may just be our newest Star Citizen!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we're also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at email@example.com with any information you may have.