Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a skilled and talented 3D Cinematic Artist to join our Marketing team in the Wilmslow, UK Studio (near Manchester).
As a Marketing Cinematic Artist in the Wilmslow UK Studio, you will be part of a team dedicated to bringing the Star Citizen world to life through in-engine (realtime) rendered content for our growing fan base. This includes cinematic and gameplay trailers, commercials, web videos, and story driven narrative content with expert use of cinematography to achieve the directors vision.
You will be an integral part of the creative process, from initial layout and previs of a shot all the way to final delivery and you will also have the opportunity to be part of the concept and ideation stage of projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in cinematography and will have a good eye for composition, lighting and visual storytelling combined with an excellent sense of timing.
You will utilize a generalist skillset in order to bring a shot from initial blocking to final render. We absolutely encourage applicants who have more specialized skillsets but willing to learn and adapt to a generalist role to apply.
Skills must be demonstrated via a Showreel/Portfolio, with a shot breakdown of contributions.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What does a Marketing Cinematic Artist at CIG do?
- Collaborates with the Showrunner, Associate Director of Marketing Cinematics, and the Cinematics team on all cinematic content on a shot-based workflow.
- Creates high quality/dynamic in-engine (realtime) renders taking shots from initial blocking to final renders. To include environment creation and set dressing, camera animation, animation blocking using our existing vast library of mocap animations, keyframe ship animations, use of VFX, and lighting.
- Ensures timely completion of commitments at the desired quality bar
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and expectations.
- Provide clear and efficient communication to others on the Cinematic team and to other departments involved.
- Maintains cutting edge technical knowledge.
What do we expect from our Marketing Cinematic Artist?
- Extensive professional experience working as a digital artist in film, vfx, television, and/or video game industries with realtime engine experience or other high-end renderers
- Proficient with industry-standard software and technologies: 3D Software (ideally Maya and/or 3ds Max)
- A good grasp of the traditional visual storytelling process – e.g. storyboarding and block-out animatics through to final lighting and composition
- Strong keyframe animation skills that are judiciously timed and convey weight effectively
- Attention to detail and high degree of self-motivation and initiative. Positive, solution-oriented individual, familiar with a high-volume of work and compressed deadlines
- Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remain positive, and motivate your team
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Fraud Statement We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any information you may have.