Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented experienced concept artist able to tackle the unique and rich universe of Star Citizen.
You will be working with top internal and external artists and be able to work on the full spectrum of assets ranging from spaceships, spaceship parts, weapons, environments, props, and characters.
- Learn and master Star Citizen's visual style
- Ability to conceptualize and illustrate new assets following the guidelines and requirements of the game
- Create stunning environmental art that captures the overall filmic quality of the game's universe
- Collaborate heavily with the design and production teams while maintaining the art director's vision
- A good understanding of form and function with an eye for industrial design
- Have a strong foundation in lighting and atmospherics
- Ability to create concept art in 3D and 2D
- Strong understanding of all aspects of concept art regarding illustration and design
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Max, and other 3D/2D applications
- Passion for games and all things sci-fi
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Portfolio that demonstrates industry-standard skill
- Minimum of two shipped high-quality next-gen titles/movies
- Experience in games
- Mechanical illustration or design ability
Please take a look at our Art Station to see what you could be working on:
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.