Cloud Imperium Games are looking for a Facial Animator to work within their facial animation department under the direction of the Animation Director and Lead Facial Animator for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen. They will be tasked in the creation of realistic animation on to a wealth of heads via performance capture and will be ensuring that these animations are engine ready.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make video game history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
- Create stunning facial animation with the use of HMC performance capture, in addition to hand keyframe tasks when required
- Work with the Animation Director, Facial Animation Lead, and senior animators on implementing facial animations within the game engine
- Bring new ideas to the table to develop the pipeline procedure
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that might arise
- Represent the department on motion capture shoots when required
- Collaborate with other departments throughout the CIG studios
- Outstanding showreel demonstrating a good understanding of animation principles on a range of projects
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, and realistic animations
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from concept to implementation
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and other equivalent software
- Solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
- Self-motivated, open to critique, able to take initiative and problem-solve
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.