Cutting edge graphics to power an entire universe
As a Graphics Programmer you would be pushing forwards the rendering technology that powers a huge sandbox universe, spanning every conceivable scale from shading interstellar gas clouds, planets and asteroid belts, down to rendering individual human hairs.
You will also advance the core rendering technology that aspires to achieve photo-real visuals, such as physically based light, eye and lens simulations, as well as more low-level engine technologies such as shader building & compilation, content streaming systems, and the multi-threaded and cross-API renderer architecture.
All of this will be achieved using the latest PC hardware, technology and APIs to produce a fast and scale-able suite of visual technology to power some of the most ambitious games ever developed.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What does a Graphics Programmer at Cloud Imperium Games do? In short, on daily basis you will:
- Research and implement new cutting-edge graphics technology and tools.
- Analyse, refactor and improve upon existing graphics technology.
- Assist and advise other software developers in use of graphics/rendering features, while debugging and fixing problems.
- Profile and optimise the entire rendering pipeline, including lighting and shading components of the game.
- Keep up to date with latest graphics and rendering techniques and tools, helping us to innovate, plan, and deliver full features.
What do we expect from our Graphics Programmers?
- Comfortable working with C++ in a large, shared codebase, including testing, code-reviews, source-control as well as experience with a common shader language and modern graphics API.
- Good knowledge 3D rendering, 3D math, and optimization of the complete rendering pipeline.
- Strong software debugging skills to effectively track, diagnose and solve a variety of complex issues.
- Work well in a cooperative, cross-functional team environment; ability to translate technical jargon to non-technical audiences.
- At Cloud Imperium Games we are looking for several Graphics Programmers with various levels of experience – from junior all the way to senior, and beyond! Therefore, if our Graphic team sounds like your perfect fit, please apply immediately!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.