Cloud Imperium is looking for tools programmer to work with the Tools Team to develop and support a wide variety of tools to make life easier for the talented developers of Star Citizen. Working closely with Designers, Artists, Engineers, QA and Production, the team delivers tools and systems for automated testing, process support, data management, team co-ordination and more. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting Tools Programmer to join us.
Cloud Imperium is the European studio of Cloud Imperium, developers of the Star Citizen MMO and Squadron 42 single player game. We are crowdfunded and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who refer to game as the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
Based in Wilmslow, the main UK studio is a vibrant team of over 250 people working in a relaxed and collegiate atmosphere side-by-side with our sister studios in Derby, Frankfurt, Austin TX and Los Angeles. Benefits of joining us are flexible working hours, pool table and arcade game in the kitchens and a causal dress-code. There are various sports and social groups, unsurprisingly including gaming both table-top and interactive.
We publish a weekly update of our progress, along with trailers and streams of our main events at: https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with users to define their needs and refine requirements
- Design, create, document, maintain, and improve tools for all disciplines
- Work to continuously improve user experience, capabilities and performance
- Investigate and evaluate third party tools, libraries and frameworks
- Propose new tools and functionality to improve team effectiveness and quality of life
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of WPF and MVVM architecture
- Passion for creating a great UX
- Capably support users, solving their individual issues
- Work well in a co-operative team environment, across multiple studios and time zones
- Excellent problem solving and code optimization skills
- Ability to work on shared and legacy code-bases
- Strong English verbal and written skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- C++ / Qt
- Database design
- Database access (SQL & NoSQL)
- Agile development
- Experience of integrating with systems with Jira, Shotgun, Perforce, Smart Bear Collaborator
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don’t think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.