Cloud Imperium Games are looking for engineers to help create User Interfaces for their incredible sci-fi universe. Do you fit the bill?
We are on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic programmers to work alongside our graphic designers and artists to create the in world display panels for vehicles, weapons and interactive displays. Work on the ground breaking project Star Citizen and Squadron 42 with cutting-edge technology and techniques with an international team of developers to push this incredible game to new frontiers.
The role will involve all aspects of User Interface creation and you would be applying your skills to many areas, expanding your skillset and learning new techniques to overcome the unique challenges that come with breaking new ground.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to contribute to a shared vision for compelling UI features
- Implement functional and elegant UI features from approved concepts
- Develop new functionality in the underlying UI framework to support new gameplay features
- Work with production staff to identify engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements
- Adhere to established coding standards and maintain efficient coding practices
- Acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the technological evolution of the interface
- Manage a healthy relationship with non-engineering teams
- Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving quality and team efficiency and fostering a positive working environment
- Help maintain the stability of the game by being critical of your own work and improving the existing codebase.
- Strong C / C++ programming skills
- An understanding of object orientated design
- Knowledge of 3D game math
- English communication and written skills
- A passion for making and playing games
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience developing or maintaining a UI toolkit framework
- Experience working directly with 3D graphics systems
- Passion for science fiction and space simulations
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.