As a Lead Environment Artist at CIG, you will be leading a team responsible for creating all the amazing organic locations in the game. Star Citizen is a universe filled with solar systems, each of which are filled with diverse planets and moons, all of which the player can seamlessly fly down to from space and explore on foot.
You will be utilising our in-house tools and technology which have allowed us to render everything from a planet seen from orbit, all the way down to the individual petals on a plant without any loading screen. You will work with the creative team to build out biomes using a mixture of scanned data and procedural tools and paint these down in real time on the planet surface to achieve a photorealistic end frame.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What does Lead Environment Artist at CIG do?
- Lead by example by creating a variety of assets from landscapes, geology, and botanicals to a photorealistic quality.
- Work with the tech teams to help improve and refine pipelines and budgets.
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure the creative vision is translated into the game.
- Collaborate with the Design Director and other disciplines to help define the player experience.
What we would want to see?
- Proven professional game production experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a leadership role.
- Thorough knowledge of modern asset creating techniques and pipelines.
- Someone who loves to be part of a passionate team and is able to communicate effectively.
If you’ve always wanted to create beautiful and exotic sci-fi landscapes which you can explore and get lost in then this could be the position for you, so please apply immediately.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.