Cloud Imperium Games are seeking a Senior Lead Sound Designers to drive excellence in all areas of audio design and implementation for our highly ambitious AAA single player story-driven title, Squadron 42.
This is an opportunity to work with a large audio team on the cutting edge of game audio development, shaping the audio experience for a cinematic and immersive AAA title with outstanding Hollywood talent.
As the Senior Lead Sound Designer for Squadron 42, you will work with the audio team to ensure the highest quality audio experience is achieved across all aspects of the project. Reporting to the Audio Director, you will be key in defining and executing the audio direction, acting as the main point of contact for the project’s creative audio design and technical implementation for the audio team and the wider studio. You will also play a pivotal role in developing the skills and growth of members of the audio team.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
For a sneak peak at S42, follow the below link:-
What does an Lead Sound Designer at CIG do?
- Set the quality bar for the audio team through creating & implementing world-class audio.
- Work with the Audio Director to define and maintain vision in your project.
- Work with the Audio Manager to organise regular reviews with the audio team, providing feedback and identifying opportunities for iteration
- Work closely with the production team to plan and schedule the audio team’s workload
- Mentor the audio team and embed best practice principles in their work.
- Identify new audio pipelines, lead the optimisation and refinement of current audio pipelines.
- Have audio at the forefront of everything you do, presenting audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
What do we expect from our Lead Sound Director?
- Experience as a lead or relevant/equivalent experience in a senior role
- Strong creative sound design skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools (e.g. Reaper (preferred), Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo)
- Ability to mentor and lead team members
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with sprint planning and reviewing
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Well organised and self-motivated approach to your workload
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info(@)cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.