Cloud Imperium Games are looking for skilled Props Artists.
We are the ground-breaking development team behind the highly anticipated space-sim Star Citizen and the cinematic campaign Squadron 42. We continue to raise the Bar of visual quality and what is possible in a AAA standard title.
The ideal candidate would be proficient artist who can apply their skills to a variety of assets from intricate hard-surface props and weapons to organic soft furnishings, from the size of a pencil to that of a satellite relay. We will expect them to adapt and overcome artistic and technical challenges in a cooperative, cross-disciplinary environment.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create a diverse array of high-quality props and weapons with and without concept
- Work with other departments to produce assets with specific design and technical requirements
- Work within and define strict metrics and technical mark-up
- Continue to push the quality of artwork both visually and technically
- Proficient at hard-surface modelling – optimised for in-game use
- Experience creating materials with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with a game engine
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable game assets
- Technical mindedness and versatility
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Experience working on a AAA quality title
- 3Ds Max or Maya user
- Organic assets with zBrush and marvellous designer
- Experience with Lumberyard
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
This position is offered at our Wilmslow Studio by Cloud Imperium Games Ltd.